Thursday, August 31, 2006

Just another day

You ever come across a person you never met and spoke for about a few minutes and then boom! He/she just pisses you off!  I guess most of my IT colleagues could relate to this situation.  Back home, I can say most of my users were quite pleased with what I do and eventually became close friends of mine.  But working abroad is a totally different thing; first and foremost just imagine the communication gap. With our differences in the accent itself, not to mention the practice of phone etiquette and the voice tone, a telephone conversation could definitely lead to misunderstanding.  Just recently I called one user who insists she created documents in a database that went missing.  Though I’m trying my very best to find out what happened, she was raising her voice and blabbering as if it was my fault.  What’s more irritating is her ignorance in the chronological sorting of documents, that is  “Test Doc Feb 2006” should come before “Test Doc Apr 2006” duh!



I spent almost 15 minutes just trying to explain to her that this could never happen since it was just plain text so it is sorted alphabetically and not chronologically.  To top it all, she just shrugged it off and said it’s not that important, duh! *ulet lng*, matapos akong ma-highblood bruha ka! ahihihi Well anyways, I don’t want to add anymore wrinkles to my exotic face *nyahahaha* so I just begged off and asked her to just discuss her problem with the IT head. Ayun naman pala! harharhar

1 comment:

  1. ako naman ang a-ambush hehehe... Hay ganyan talaga mga end users, eto ang the best one time one of our server owners called up (IT Manager ito ha) saying my server harddisk space is getting smaller and I saw this one problem that been eating a huge space of my drive can you remove this pls... I ask what's that you want us to removed?? he said pls removed that Paging File pls and who put them there anyway... hahahaha PS yung server nya running Windows 2000

    ReplyDelete