Thursday, May 3, 2007

*Imagine that*

It took me almost 5 years before I finally decided to apply for permanent residency here in Singapore. Well there's this one main thing that gave me second thoughts in applying, the CPF contribution *parang SSS po ito*, which is 33% of the basic salary from 3rd yr onwards. This year was my second year being a PR (Permanent Resident), which entails a 24% contribution, in which the employer shoulders the 9% that leaves me a deduction of 15% in my salary. Though I'm convincing myself that all those money plus interest will be mine when I finally decide to give up being a PR, it is still a struggle come payday. With all the monthly bills, payables, remittance and allowance, the budget seems so tight. Yes, even us overseas workers work on a tight budget, though I admit we have the luxury to buy whatever feeds our fancy out of impulsiveness. *because for everything else there's mastercard LOL* Well blame it on the PC and IT shows, the Great Singapore Sale, the holiday sales, warehouse sales and the unending moving away/renovation sales and all other sales they can think of all year round hehehe. And what's with the increased GST? *VAT po katumbas nun sa Pinas* And come June I know IRAS will already start releasing the tax assessment, argh! *buti na lng pede GIRO* Anyway, towards the end of this year will be the start of my 3rd year as a PR which means 20% of my basic salary will be deducted from me, imagine that! *ayun maisingit lng harharhar*

No comments:

Post a Comment